DID YOU KNOW? There are 2.7 million VULNERABLE children in Uganda. Because of war, disease, and deep poverty, over half the population is under the age of 15, making it the second youngest nation in the world.
On May 13th, 2010, Sozo Children was born out of an immediate need to take seventeen children from suffering circumstances in Uganda, Africa. Two missionaries found children neglected and hungry. When they discovered rats biting these children's feet at night in their current living situation, they knew something had to change. Ten days later with the support of the Ugandan government, a new family-style home was created for them including Ugandan mothers and fathers, and a vision to disciple them into the next generation of Christian leaders.
Today, Sozo Children operates multiple children's homes in Uganda, providing care for over 120 children. “Sozo” is a Greek word that means to save, to keep safe, and to rescue from harm. Through a continuum of care provided by a team of Ugandan care-givers, the 121 children of Sozo are loved, nurtured, and equipped with proper nutrition, healthcare, quality education, spiritual development and life skills to impact positive change in their communities and Ugandan society.
Empowering vulnerable children to become thriving leaders for Jesus Christ.
All Children Thriving, All Communities Transformed.
Sozo Children is a Christian faith-based ministry and subscribes to this statement of faith:
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God.
• We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into Heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
• We believe individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
• We believe individuals are saved by grace, through faith in Christ, not by our own works.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer enabling him to live a godly life of obedience as he reaches for maturity.
• We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the church.