Sozo Children Associate Board
The Associate Board is an opportunity for Young Professionals to get experience in event management, non-profit organization, and fundraising through serving Sozo Children. We are seeking those who are willing to be active! Please read more and apply for an associate board position below. Contact Laura Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-907-3828 with any questions.
Member Eligibility & Expectations
Generally, Sozo Children and its Associate Board consider applications to the Associate Board after the applicant has been active with the ministry for at least one (1) year prior to submitting an application. However, in its discretion, Sozo Children may consider applicants with equivalent contributions of time and resources.
If selected as a Sozo Children Associate Board member, you will be expected to serve a minimum of two (2) years and a maximum of three (3) years, after which a minimum of one (1) year “roll off” period is required before you may begin another term. Additionally, a Sozo Children Associate Board Member is expected to annually fulfill the following requirements:
1. Attend Associate Board Orientation meeting on February 16, 2016 at 6pm.
2. Pay $75 in dues by February 16, 2016.
3. Attend a majority of the Associate Board Meetings (6 total meetings are held a year, attending at least 4 meetings is a requirement with only 2 allowed excuses).
4. Recruit one (1) Corporate Sponsor for the Sozo Children Avondale 5k (April 23, 2016).
5. Secure a minimum of 3 auction items OR 1 Corporate Table for the Sozo Children Fundraising Dinner (August 27, 2016).
6. Actively participate in the 2016 Associate Board Fundraiser (exact dale/location to be determined by Associate Board).
Failure to meet or exceed the member obligations outlined above will result in the member’s inability to renew their membership on the Associate Board in the subsequent year. Compliance with Associate Board membership obligations is monitored and coordinated by the Associate Board President.
Again, thank you for your interest in joining Sozo Children’s Associate Board, and for submitting an application. A Sozo staff member will be contacting you regarding your application on or before February 1, 2016.