Are you interested in being a Team Leader for Sozo Children in 2019?
Serving as a team leader for a Sozo Children’s mission trip is a great opportunity to give back! Trip leaders are individuals who have previously served with Sozo Children in Uganda. Each leader should have an interest in missions, an understanding of the vision and values of Sozo Children, a desire to serve the team selflessly, and most importantly, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Requirements for serving:
Must have served with Sozo Children in Uganda as a team member, intern, or missionary.
Must be at least 23 years old.
Must have a pastoral reference, personal reference, and a reference from your Sozo team leader.
Attend the mandatory team leader training weekend
Cost: YOU’re covered!
The only cost for our selected team leaders include travel arrangements to and from the team leader training weekend and all airport expenses during travel.
Dates: Team Leader Training Weekend - TBA
PLEASE read our expectations BEFORE APPLYING:
• Communicate and engage team members prior to departure
• Train each team member prior to departure
• Recruit for your team through personal social networks, social media, or recruiting events
• Travel with the team to and from Uganda
• Build exceptional team unity
• Lead team debriefs
• Track all team expenses in country
• Follow the lead of our Ugandan staff
• Coordinate in country logistics among our Ugandan leadership
• Update the team Facebook page
• Document the trip through pictures for team members
• Follow up with team post-trip to ensure a smooth transition back to the US
• Work with our Commissioning Coordinator to ensure the team is accountable to all Sozo policies and procedures
• Ensure the team experience does not hinder our long-term efforts
• Ensure team members maintain healthy relationship with other team members, staff, and especially children
must demonstrate the following:
• Mature relationship with Jesus & equipped to lead spiritually
• Actively living and pursuing holiness
• Respectful of Ugandan culture and customs
• Submit to Sozo leadership which includes both US staff and Uganda staff
• Must fully understand the vision and values of Sozo Children
• Ability to serve the team selflessly and put the team experience above your own
• Ability to actively include and show value to all team members no matter the circumstance
• Adhere to all Sozo Children policies by example
• Maintains appropriate relationships with past team members, staff, and children